STARscanner® Laser Data Acquisition System
Cranial Center provides STARband™ cranial remolding orthoses to address deformational Plagiocephaly and post-operative cranial remolding orthoses for craniosynostosis.
The STARscanner® was the first laser photographic scanning system to receive clearance from the FDA, and remains the most widely used scanning system in the marketplace utilizing Class 1, eye safe lasers for the purpose of capturing 3D images of an infant’s head.
The Advantages of our STARband® system
The STARband™ and STARscanner® provide proven treatment outcomes while making the cranial remolding treatment process less stressful for infants and parents.
- Non-invasive scanning replaces the traditional inefficient plaster casting process.
- Scans are safe from all potential hazards and take less then two seconds to complete with simple photographic 3D imaging.
- The STARscanner® is the most comprehensive data acquisition system with software specifically designed to safely document head shape measurement and symmetry changes from the beginning to the end of treatment.
- Scan reports can be generated to measure the effectiveness of conservative physical therapy treatments and repositioning techniques prior to initiating helmet therapy.
- Measures effectiveness of cranial remolding orthosis treatment by documenting outcomes for physicians and parents.
- Provides insurance companies with specific measurements, information, and quantitative outcome analysis.